7 May 2013

May greens and purples


The "purples" are the sprouting broccoli that I've been cutting for a few weeks now.Although the plants are probably nearing the end of their useful lives, the spears produced in the last few days have been excellent with the stems and flower heads turning a deeper purple colour. It's great to be able to harvest such a good quality veg in the "hungry gap".
The "greens" are the Good King Henry which I'd parked in a fabric grow bag last year when rationalising my raised beds in the garden after taking on the allotment. It was then forgotten about until I saw how fresh it looked today while doing some watering.

I'm on asparagus watch at the moment.There's one decent spear peaking through ,but will it prove good enough to eat?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...