10 April 2013

Potatoes planted

I got my potatoes planted out this week. Have been chitting four varieties in my unheated spare bedroom since February;Orla,Saxon,Belle de Fontenay and Harlequin.
Inspired by my trip to Madeira I then bought two more types,Salad Blue and Sharpe's Express on my return home.Oh, and Romano yesterday.

One of three sections planted with potatoes






Took some plot photos today.Lots of bare looking areas but as well as potatoes I've also sown peas,broad beans,chard,leaves and lettuce




Garlic doing well but shallots are still to show.

Last year the strawberries were parked in pots but now have their own place between the rows of raspberries.

I'm having to water as it's so dry!




1 comment:

Rooko said...

It's always a good feeling when the spuds have been planted. I got mine in last weekend during a couple of sunny days. Cold again with showers every 5 minutes, not the best sowing and growing weather yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...