19 July 2012

Miscellany of vegetables

Have been harvesting lots of veggies since my return from walking hut to hut in the Dachstein Alps.

Masterpiece broad beans from NZ

Silver beet (Swiss chard) from NZ

Red chard

Beetroot

Lincoln peas

French breakfast radish grown "hydroponically" in wet clay

Borage

French sorrel

Mixed lettuce

Blue skinned potatoes ,but which variety?

Hearting lettuce ,part of mixed packet

Also from the mixed packet

Summer savoury

Gemischter salat

Shelled beans

Chard and cavolo nero gratin with potatoes and beans (food stylist not present)
 Finally I ate my tea.


2 comments:

Rooko said...

Your veggies look very healthy indeed. I'm glad you posted the picture of the Borage. I've been meaning to get some for my plot but keep forgetting, with so much harvesting to do.

David Shinn said...

Me and my neighbours will probably have a lot more borage next year as I think it seeds itself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...