25 March 2012

This blessed plot

....."This other Eden, demi-paradise....".

Martin produced the detailed drawing this morning and as my plot abuts the measuring points it meant that I could mark out the approximate area fairly quickly.

The plots are being measured from scaffolding poles at my end of the site

 The plot is just over 20 metres deep so I've put markers in every 5 metres to chart my progress.




It's a bit frustrating to still be short of the first marker but this is partly due to a change of technique from grubbing out smallish roots with the right angle fork to deeper trenching with the azada.
This is producing a wider range of finds including limestone,bricks, old bits of metal machinery and rotting timber.



It's been very warm today but I'm now relaxing with a beer.Life is good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...